My research interests include brain-computer interface, advanced brain imaging and recording techniques and application, computer modeling, and emotion and memory systems.
My artistic interests include absorption, long exposure night photography, and nothing.
My personal interests include pseudoephedrine, obfuscation, and club soda.
PhD, Neuroscience, In Progress
Texas A&M University
BS, Neuroscience, May 2011
University of Nevada, Reno
Overall GPA 3.57
Major GPA 3.93
Early Axon Guidance Neurobiology Laboratory – University of Nevada, Reno - NIH funded molecular biochemistry laboratory under Dr. Grant Mastick.
Student Researcher, December 2009 – 2010
- Studied the effects of maternal immune activation on the embryonic and adult guidance of hippocampal neurons in relationship to the later development of behavioral abnormalities thought to be associated with autism in a mouse model.
- Utilized a large breeding mouse population, adult and embryonic perfusion, cryostat tissue sectioning, fluorescent antibody labeling, Nissl staining, in situ hybridization, fluorescent microscopy, Western blotting, PCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- Assisted in maintaining a safe and productive laboratory environment, as well as assisted new student researchers in perfecting techniques.
Recent Work Experience
JSandR Design - Website Design and Consulting
Owner and lead designer, October 2011 – August 2012
- Started a freelance web design studio.
- Developed unique and creative websites for local small businesses and individuals. We also worked with and improved existing websites, created custom graphics, and worked with and integrated all social media platforms.
- Sites include Tassels, an online luxury boutique, The Jeremiahs‘ band website, Kick and Glide, an online database and community forum for information about the backcountry in North America, and gs., a personal blog.
- Monitored the Nevada State Senate and Assembly floor sessions and committee meetings.
- Attended and participated directly in Assembly floor sessions and Senate and Assembly committee meetings in Carson City, Nevada.
- Updated the City of Sparks’ government affairs databases regarding relevant legislation.
Paid Student Researcher, Summer 2010
- During the summer of 2010, I worked as a paid research position in Dr. Mastick’s neurobiology lab. I continued the research project listed above during this time.
- Provided superior customer service and financial advise to high-end clientage.
Fellowships and Awards
- August 2012 – Present
- Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010
- Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010